Ahh, autumn. As the wind gets colder and the leaves change color, we all start seeking some warmth and cozy good times. As we wind down from summer and into the autumn season however, we might feel a little blue, too.
Every song I put here either screams “FALL” to me, or gives me the coziness (and perhaps some light catharsis) that I need when the season rolls around. I tried to put a variety of genres to suit different music tastes as well as different moods y’all might be in.
I feel like every person has some unique memories or associations attached to the fall season, but I hope that y’all can enjoy and feel the same emotion these songs give me.
- Adult Diversion – Alvvays (their whole debut album leans very “fall” too, it’s one of my favorite albums of all time! I highly recommend it if you love indie pop.)
- Call It Fate, Call It Karma – The Strokes
- t-shirt – Shura
- Flightless Bird, American Mouth – Iron & Wine (surprise, Twilight!)
- Luna – Smashing Pumpkins
- Soft Love – The Symposium
- Like A Star – Corinne Bailey Rae
- Meadowlarks – Fleet Foxes
- Blue Ridge Mountains – Fleet Foxes (from the same album… the whole album is so good, I highly recommend it if you enjoy fall vibes and/or indie folk music!)
- Wishing Well – Cavetown, Drew Monson
- Tire Swing – Kimya Dawson (the Juno soundtrack was so good)
- Disappear – beabadoobee
- Coffee – beabadoobee
- Walk in the Park – Beach House (I LOVE Beach House)
- Building God – Tennis
- Green Eyes – Coldplay
- Yellow – Coldplay (Who doesn’t love this song?)
- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want – The Smiths
- Blackbird – The Beatles
- Linger – The Cranberries
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac (iconic and oh-so-bittersweet)
- Heartbreak Sedative – Bickle (so underrated!)
- Nantes – Beirut
- Violet Hour – Sea Wolf (another Twilight soundtrack inclusion)
- Blue Moon – Julie London
- I Should Care – Julie London (I love her)
- Autumn in New York – Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong (an obviously correct choice!)
- ‘Tis Autumn – Nat King Cole Trio (obvious, again… also because jazz = ultimate cozy music)
For whatever reason, whether you’re strolling through the park deep in thought, enjoying a cup of coffee, or working on homework and needing something easy to listen to, I hope this serves your purpose well. Enjoy!
Music enjoyer and writer for Coog Radio. I am currently a senior majoring in Strategic Communication (Public Relations) with a minor in Business Administration. I love most music but rock and indie are my favorites.