The 2015 Billboard Awards on May 17th, and this year it was hosted by Ludacris and Chrissy Teigen. If you were busy but you still want to know what happened so you can talk about it with your friends, this post is for you- I notice you, I’ve got you.
Billboard Music Awards finalists are based on key fan interactions with music, including album and digital singles sales, radio airplay, touring, streaming and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, VEVO, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music.
- Meghan Trainor and John Legend sang “Like I’m Going To Lose You” together. It was a very soft ballad, different from Meghan’s usual pop, upbeat tunes.
- When One Direction accepted the award for “Top Duo/ Group,” the foursome acknowledged their missing member. Liam Payne said, “There’s one more person to share this with and that’s our brother Zayn.”
- Mariah Carey won Billboard’s “Artist of the Decade.” Mariah has had 18 number 1 billboard hits and is currently one of Las Vegas’s newest headliners. She celebrated this by performing “Vision of Love” and her new single “Infinity.”
- Tyrese and Ludacris, who both starred in the movie “Fast and Furious 7,” introduced the performance and tribute for Paul Walker. “See You Again” was performed by Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa, with Lindsey Sterling playing the violin.
- The late B.B. King, who passed away this Thursday, was honored by Imagine Dragons with a tribute of “Stand By Me.”
- Molly Ringwald presented The Simple Mind’s performance of “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” for the 30th year anniversary of ” The Breakfast Club.”
Sam Smith accepted his award for “Best Male Artist” from New York. He is currently recovering from vocal surgery, so he couldn’t make it to the awards show. Hope for a speedy recovery!
By Daisha Lewis